Sunday, June 21, 2009

House help on Josh's b-day

This weekend Josh's aunt, uncle and Grandpa came to visit.(my family) Josh had his first taste of sugar with birthday cake. We just put it on his tray and let him smear it all over his face. It was the cutest thing! As far as presents, he almost had more fun with the wrapping paper than the actual gifts. Babies just love paper for some reason.

It was nice to have my brother over to cut the lawn and trim the hedges. Being alone with Josh; I find it difficult to do yard work. I have to put him in the back carrier and tote him around as I rake leaves, or pick weeds etc. It was so nice to have some help!!!!!!!
Something as trivial as driving to the grocery store to pick up a few items even became so much easier. Just get in the car and go; what a concept. No diaper bags, bottles, stroller; no changing the baby to go out and fighting to get him into his car seat. No dragging the dog along so he wouldn't cause havoc while I was gone. It was so liberating, yet at the same time I felt like a part of me was missing and couldn't shake this awful feeling of forgetting something. Another reminder that my life has changed forever. I wouldn't have it any other way though.

No comments:

Post a Comment